Air Force Badge: Flight Nurse Wings
Flight nurse wings were first established on December 15, 1943 and were awarded to women in the Army Nurse Corps who served at least 6 months in a AAF hospital and who completed an eight week training course approved by the Commanding General, AAF. In 1996 the USAF began commissioning men into its Nurse Corp. The original wings were gold but changed to silver on Sept. 12, 1944.
Air Force badge has the regulation mirror finish.